If you are experiencing problems with your automobile, you should first take the automobile to the manufacturer’s authorized dealership for repair.
- If the dealer is unable to resolve your problem, you should discuss the matter with the service manager.
- If the service manager is unable to resolve your problem, you should contact the manufacturer via telephone or in writing.
- DO NOT leave the dealership without your repair order (no repair order means no proof of repair).
- Make sure the repair order accurately reflects the date you dropped off the vehicle for repair and the date you picked up the vehicle when the repairs were completed.
- Make sure the dealership accurately describes your complaints in your words, not the dealership’s words.
Documentation is critical to protecting your rights.
- Never leave the dealership without a copy of your repair order.
- Make sure your repair order states all of your vehicle’s deficiencies.
- Always make certain that the work order states the date and time you leave your vehicle for repair, the repairs that were performed and the date you pick it up.
- Always save all repair orders.
- The dealer or manufacturer may inform you that you do not have a claim under the lemon law.
- If you are unable to get satisfaction you should contact a lemon law attorney to find out more about your rights.
- You should contact us for that determination. Assistance is only a moment away.
What if the Lemon Law Does Not Apply?
If the defects with your vehicle do not meet the requirements of the Lemon Law, you may have claims under other state and federal laws that protect owners of new or used vehicles.
If you are unable to get satisfaction you should contact a lemon law attorney to find out more about your rights.
We have successfully settled claims for thousands of lemon law clients. We take pride in our ability to assure that our clients enjoy the justice they deserve.
Our previous clients refer many new clients to us and we look forward to doing our very best for you. Your comments and suggestions are welcome and appreciated. You may express those comments in person during office hours or online anytime at www.lemonauto.com